7.06.2009

Sorry, I don't have any pictures this time. My bad.

Good news! According to my host parents, Marie and Vincent, my French has greatly improved within the past week. Hooray!

More good news! There was an amazing sale at Marc by Marc Jacobs today. I bought a lovely wallet and keychain (the actual clothes were still a little out of my price range. But mark my words, one day, I will have the money for ridiculously expensive clothing.)

Yesterday Marie (love that woman) took me to a play called "Le Cid". Apparently it's a play that is very famous in France, and it is often studied in high school. It was really cool- lots of flamenco dancing, and for the most part, I understood what was going on. Towards the end, however, I kind of lost track of what was happening, and was confused when the character that I SWEAR died, kept popping up on stage. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I really have been getting used to this lifestyle (minus the whole only drinking about a shot glass of water with your dinner. I'm probably going to faint here. Also, there should be a law about actually putting on deodorant in the morning...I'm just saying). I adore my host family and the area that we live in. City life just seems perfect for me, minus the occasional homeless person peeing in the metro. Again, you win some, you lose some.

2 comments:

  1. How about posting a photo of your host family???

    Love,
    Mom #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I don't want to be creepy and just randomly take pictures of them while we sit around the dining table. I'm not THAT kind of American...

    In good time, Marilyn. In good time.

    ReplyDelete