6.19.2009

French Ivy?

Today was another looooong day. We got up super early to leave our hotel, and head to Moelan Sur Mer.  On the way, we stopped in Angers to see the chateau and a museum of ridiculous tapestries.  Another long drive later, we saw the dolmens in Locmarquier and Carnac.  In Carnac, I was taking funny pictures with some of the girls on the trip.  We were running around the outskirts of a forest-like area, when we all felt pain on our feet.  We all stepped in something, maybe some sort of poisonous plant.  Anyway, my foot is still burning, and is blue on one side.  I'm not really sure what to do about that.

Then we finally arrived in Moelan Sur Mer, which is a beach side town. It's sooo pretty, but very small.   Liz and I lucked out on our hotel room, and have 3 beds. To ourselves.  I'm just going to switch off beds every other night, I think. (The room is paid for, so damn it, I'm going to use it!)

Dinner was awful tonight.  We started out with king prawns, which weren't that bad, but a lot of people could not rip them apart without wanting to throw up.  I just got annoyed by all the work I had to do in order to eat a bite of seafood. Next was tuna. Yes, I tried it, yes it was disgusting.  I love fish, but this...was not okay.  It was weird.  Dessert was pretty good, but it was something that we had had previously.

I miss home a lot.

5 comments:

  1. How are your feet? Did the burning stop?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Steph. Hope you got some relaxing time today and enjoyed the beach and the small town. Must be sort of like Earlham, except for the beach; and the French; and the seafood; and the hotels;....

    Hope your feet got cleared up. Normally when you contact stuff like that, a good, thorough soapy washing will get that oil off that causes the irritation (I guess I should've taught you that earlier).

    Nice dinner at Zen Zero last nite. Dan says "thank you" for your recommendation.

    lv,

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, good to know. They are kinda blue/green today, but stopped stinging. I won't be updating pictures for a few days, because we can only use Liz's computer for internet. (only one computer per room can register for internet. LAME.)

    love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this also mean no Skype for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. a few things.
    1. why is your dad's above comment from someone named "challenger"?
    2. i'm sorry you have gangrene.
    3. i miss you a lot.
    4. winston was fun.
    5. mmbb (read between the lines) is currently trying to get me to go into his sauna with him. gross.
    6. millie is still on drugs.
    7. i went tubing down a river for 6 hour yesterday. i'm going to be real it was really badass.
    8. hey marilyn.
    9. talk to you soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete