6.16.2009

Planes, planes, planes. I hate them.






Day 1: no word or food from home.


Kidding. I've always wanted to start a blog entry that way. I refuse to discuss the plane rides, so I will start with landing in Paris. We grabbed our luggage and met up with Professor Scott, a fantastic British man with hair that resembles an albino cockatoo. Afterwards, we got onto our bus and immediately got into French mode. It was a little difficult at first, because I was still a little groggy (Oh Tylenol PM...), and the bus driver, Robbie, gave a little speech about the rules of the bus, which took about 10 minutes. Six of those minutes were reserved for toilet rules. I didn't really understand him, so I've decided to never use the bathroom on the bus. Problem solved.

I took a catnap on the bus, and woke up to us pulling over to a rest-stop area. We all got out and had a picnic with bananas and cookies. After chilling in the grass for a bit, we hopped back onto the bus and headed to Chartres. The cathedral was even more amazing than I had remembered. Now I may not be one for "religion", but I am obsessed with cathedrals. This is one of my favorites, by far. I will add pictures later tonight. (I got all artsy with my photos, so you all should b
e impressed.
And by you all, I mean the 5 people that might take the time to read my ramblings). We split into smaller groups and were each given 10 Euro for lunch. Some of the girls and I went to a little sandwich shop, and got a delightful deal. When they asked what I wanted to drink, the first thing that came to mind was Coca Light, so sorry mom, I drank a pop.

We stayed in Chartres for about 2 hours, and then loaded onto the bus again. This time we were heading to Tours, where we are staying for 3 nights. I fell asleep to the sweet, sultry tunes of Michael Jackson, while watching the countryside fly by. And now, I am in my hotel room! We are about to leave to do something, perhaps dinner. I'm not really sure though.


2 comments:

  1. an update from topeka:
    i miss you, i love you, millie has an infection and is on drugs, it's been thunderstorming, we are all wishing you the greatest 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking for you when I walk in the door! Jacques is depressed and wants lots of attention. BTW, you didn't really want to pee in a bus bathroom anyway - they are gross!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete