6.29.2009

I got mistaken for a Parisian twice today. Best.

I HAVE INTERNET AGAIN!!!

Okay, moving on...let's start with the day I arrived in Paris. Turns out, everyone in my group lives within city limits with at least one roommate. And me? I'm in Vincennes, sans roomie. (Vincennes is basically a suburb- but a good one. It's the 2nd to last stop on the yellow 1 line on the metro). I grabbed a cab after taking a placement test for my school, and watched as everyone climbed into their cabs, and I drove away alone. I was eerily calm during this experience. After about a 25 minute drive, I arrived at my house. My host mom and sister were waiting outside for me, and treated me as if I was one of their own. They hugged me, did the French kiss on the cheek thing, and showed me the house.

The next day, Saturday, after running some errands with my new mom and sister, I met up with the group under the Eiffel Tower. We grabbed food, bought cell phones, and kinda roamed around town. The best part of this day: accidentally running into a gay pride parade. I've always wanted to go to one, because they seem like so much fun. Finally, my dream has come true. Seriously though, it was awesome. I mean, you have to give mad props to drag queens; that can't be easy. Especially with such marvelous heels!

I spent all of Sunday with Katie and Jason (aka Jambon. don't ask.) We met at the Arc de Triomphe, ate lunch, and pretty much shopped all day, much to Jason's demise. We saw the most hilarious thing on the Champs Elysees- a 75 year old man, wearing a shirt that said "Papy Dance", who was stepping around to Michael Jackson, while holding an umbrella. I'll put the video on facebook.

Today was the first day of classes. I spend 4 hours in one classroom every morning, learning grammar, vocabulary, and phonetics. After class, Katie and I went to Galleries Lafayette (pause to hear the angels sing), and shopped like crazy. I bought a new Longchamp, and fondled many designer items by Versace, Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, etc. After a marvelous afternoon at the happiest place on Earth, I came back to Vincennes and ate dinner with the fam. I seriously adore these people; I could not have asked for a better family. They are all super nice, very understanding, helpful and welcoming. Love them.






Probably my favorite monument in Paris. I don't know why, but I am fascinated by it.


Just a little pond in the garden where GYWNETH PALTROW RUNS. I mean, it's whatever. I'm going to find her and get an autograph. Mark my words.


Pikachu getting down at the gay pride parade.


"Giaaaaant Buttterrrrrrfllllyyyyyyyy!!!!!"
"holy crap, you weren't kidding."


Work it, girl.


1 comment:

  1. Love the butterfly costume - don't know if that would fit into my suitcase. Glad to hear you are back on the Internet AND I loved talking to you today.

    Love,
    Mom #1

    ReplyDelete